Much of my experience has been word-to-mouth thus far so I want to showcase my expertise in the form of projects; something tangible that can be associated with my previously mentioned skills and work ethic.
Here are a few projects that are either in production or ideas that have been festering in the back of my mind.
- My long-awaited store management software project is close to competition, at least the initial stage of completion. By the end of the month, I plan to have a hosted, fully functioning store management web application put to the test by Cold Stone Creamery employees.
- Another project that I’ve been striving towards completing is my OSCP certification. If all goes to plan, by the end of February I will have become a certified professional in cybersecurity.
- Owning a business involves many little projects to make the overall project work. In my case, gaining more clientele would be the primary project of February. By the end of the month, I would like to acquire 3 or more clients for business.
- 2019 is also a year that I want to delve deeper into the stock market. If this were to be my month’s mission, I would reinvent my trading account and find a trading style that suits me and my schedule. I would build my trading portfolio and set marginal goals accordingly.
- Another slightly off-topic project that I’m considering is fitness. I don’t usually talk about my fitness life but I’ve always been heavily involved with it. The project would consist of gaining a certain amount of muscle mass, reaching new weightlifting maxes, and improvements in running.
Though I plan to accomplish all the above projects within the year, I will be choosing one lucky winner to showcase for my February project. In completing the said project, I hope to display the following attributes.
Taking Initiative: When it comes to making quick decisions in the spur of a moment, I want to be known as the type of person that doesn’t just talk the talk but also puts words and thoughts into action. I’m hoping that my projects highlight the various important aspects of my life and how I built/transformed situations for the better.
Eagerness to Learn: I’m sure you’ve heard that each day is an opportunity to learn something new. Not the most inspirational thing to say but it’s a perspective that I am actively trying to enforce in my life. I have a true passion for learning new things despite what the difficulty may be; in fact, the harder it is the more I’m going to be drawn towards it… happens all the time!
Being Different: Above all, I want to be different. I have no desire to be like Einstein, Gates, Buffett, and others alike because I am an individual node in society, ready to play the role that I was made to play. I want to make my own opportunities and experience things that no one else has. Do any of these projects display this right off the bat? Probably not, but these are stepping stones for what’s to come.